If you have Namaqua white wine in your cupboard you can use it to make this tasty dish. With the warm summer season in full swing, it’s the perfect salad for a family get together. Try this delicious white wine and tarragon potato salad:
- 450 g potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons Namaqua Extra Lite wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- Put the potatoes in a pot of cold, well-salted water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender – about 10 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a clean kitchen towel to dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wine, vinegar, shallot, mustard, garlic, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Whisk in the oil and season to taste with pepper.
- Add the potatoes, toss gently, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the onions, chives and tarragon; season to taste with salt and more vinegar.