A dessert kebab is not an easy challenge to complete, but you will be pleasantly surprised at the end result. When the #FarmFare team was challenged to come up with a creative way to turn a kebab into a dessert, these little chocolate waffles on a stick were born. The combination of warm waffles, melting chocolate, nougat and strawberries turns out to be a lot easier to enjoy on a stick.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cocoa
- For the chocolate spread, mix together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl. Set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Beat until blended.
- Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp.
- Cut waffles into smaller pieces and arrange on kebab with strawberries and chocolate nougat.
- Dip one side of the waffle into heated chocolate spread.
Article supplied by agriorbit.com