External security lighting provides both peace of mind and useful night-time illumination in the garden. There are a variety of styles of lighting that you can choose from and many of these are quite simple to install.
- Masonry bit
- Wire stripper
These lights are so easy to install, you can link it to an existing lighting circuit or a 15-amp plug to an electrical socket.
- To reveal the connection terminals, unscrew the rear light cover.
- Attach the cord and colour coded wires as per assembly instructions. Secure the rear cover.
- Mount brackets to the all and fix with plugs and screws. These are normally included with the security light.
- Attach the light unit to the bracket, ensure that the lamp inside is not touched.
- Secure the cord to the fascia or wall. Alternately, drill a hole behind the lamp and feed directly inside.
- Here is where you decide whether the light is connected to the house electrical supply or plug into socket.
- For you personal requirements, you may have to adjust the pre-set timer of your security light.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact your local Build It store.
All Build It products are of the highest quality and are made for people with a passion for building and DIY projects. The staff are also well trained to provide the best service. Remember to visit Vredendal Build It or call them at 027 213 2260. You can also contact Clanwilliam Build It on 027 482 1066 or visit their store in 1 Voortrekker Road, Clanwilliam.