These little garlic breads on sticks are a unique way to give each guest at your braai their own share of garlic bread. This stick also makes it easier to enjoy this delicious favourite that is topped off with herbs and bacon for extra flavour. Omit the bacon for a vegetarian option.
- 1 batch of store-bought bread dough
- 1 bunch of basil, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pack of streaky bacon
- 1 small tub of garlic
- 250ml olive oil
- 1 pack of wooden skewers
- 1 basting brush
- Mix the chopped herbs, olive oil and garlic in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough and form small balls of 2-3 cm.
- With your hands roll the balls into strings of dough, about as long as the bacon.
- Place a streak of bacon next to each string of dough. Now roll these together into a spiral.
- Push a skewer through one or two spirals and baste with the garlic and herb mixture.
- Place on a grill with medium heat and baste each time you turn.
- Serve with braai meat and other sides.
Article supplied by agriorbit.com/