These cake pops can be made without a cake pop pan. Simply bake a cake using a store-bought packet, crumble it up and shape into little balls – and viola easy to make cake pops. Choose a cake mix flavour of your choice chocolate, vanilla or red velvet will all work well.
- 1 box of cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 packet of store-bought icing
- 1 slab of chocolate
- Sprinkles or nuts
- Lollipop sticks
- Baking paper
- Bake your cake according to the directions on the box. When the cake is done and cooled, crumble it into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the frosting according to directions in need be. Scoop 2 tablespoons of chocolate icing into the bowl and mix with your hands until combined.
- Form small balls placing a raspberry, blueberry, strawberry or blackberry in the centre when rolling. Balls should be smaller than a golf ball.
- Stick a lollipop stick in each ball, careful not to go all the way through to the other side. Place balls on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and freeze overnight.
- Melt chocolate. Take one cake pop out of the freezer at a time to coat. If they get to soft they could fall off the stick while you are coating them.
- Sprinkle with toppings of choice before the chocolate hardens.